Friday, August 10, 2007

Fun Times

Sorry that I haven’t posted in over a week! My fans (hi, Mom!) have been demanding more, so here’s the quick update on my life in Moldova:

  • I met up with a friend in Prague last weekend and it was GREAT! Amazing city, amazing weather, amazing beer. :) We even saw the opera Don Giovanni in the theater where it premiered in 1787. And it wasn’t boring at all…it was actually kinda hilarious! Definitely a highlight.
  • I read the new (and final) Harry Potter - WOW! It was fantastic. I cried at least 5 times. Don’t judge me for that until you’ve read it yourself, by the way…there’s really some tragic stuff in there.
  • I went to a friend’s birthday party and was chatting with his friend about local vineyards – until she realized that she’d already read my blog post about my Purcari visit. I’m a local celebrity, I tell you.
  • My boss and I were supposed to go to Albania next week to take first steps toward replicating some of our projects there. Of course, given that we’d be over that way, we had to plan a side trip to the beach in Montenegro. Now the Albania trip got axed but since the Montenegro trip’s already all planned, we’re leaving this afternoon for a little holiday anyway. Ah, life is good. :)

No comments: