Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Friends and more friends

First point: I'm looking at a map of where my blog's been viewed, and I can't help but be impressed by how worldly you all are! In the first 48 hours, my I've been viewed from:
  • China
  • Hong Kong
  • India
  • The Phillipines
  • The UK
  • Australia
  • Brazil
  • Greece
  • South Africa
  • Spain
  • Poland
  • France
  • Canada
  • And 13 U.S. states and the District of Columbia :)
Second point: I have some pictures of people I've met here -- check them out if you want some context about the folks I talk about. Tomorrow I'll put up a few pix of the city, so stay tuned.

Here's Cristina and me in a local bar, and then a pic with my landlady Galina. (Also consider this shot a preview for my upcoming post on differing cultural fashion norms. Yes, her shirt is completely see-through.)












And here I am with Cristina with her mom doing some rainbow-viewing on their balcony -- how cool is that?

4 comments:

entertained said...

you look fantastic and really happy, caro! i miss you already!! i am glad to hear that u have people helping you out over there. it sounds like moldova has opened its heart to you, and i know that you will give back so much of yourself, your heart and your passion, to that community before you leave.

Jenna L. said...

You look super skinny, pretty and happy in the pics! But I just have one question....when the @(*&#^^@# did you get your nose pierced?!?!?!!?!?!?

Karinina said...

#1 You do look skinny. Are you eating over there? Perhaps the food isn't as tasty as the cuisine in Donguan.

#2 I repierced my nose recently. Hurray for post-trendy nose sparkles.

#3 You always look pretty. It's almost annoying.

Karinina said...

oops

I lost one of the g's in Dongguan.