Saturday, June 23, 2007

Good Point, Lady – or Thank Goodness for SMIF Funding. (A play in one act.)

Set Tuesday afternoon at the Tarom check-in counter, Otopeni Airport, Bucharest, Romania

Check-in agent: Your baggage is overweight. You need to pay a fee of 40 euros.

Carolyn: (Looks pained.) Oh no! Is there any way to avoid paying? I’m a student, so I don’t have much money. I’m working for the United Nations Development Programme this summer in Moldova, and they’re not paying me. (Continues to list reasons she shouldn’t have to [or doesn’t want to?] pay….)

Check-in agent: (Sighs.) Ok, you don’t have to pay the fee. But don’t do that again.

Carolyn: Thank you so much. I’ll be sure to pack less next time.

Check-in agent: No, no, that’s fine. Just be sure not to take any more jobs that don’t pay! (Looks at Carolyn like she’s insane.)

1 comment:

Karinina said...

haha

That is great!

I don't think that would have worked for just anyone...you must have looked especially pained.