Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Anyone need a wife? (No, not me.)

I get about 30 hits every weekday now, less than half of which are from returning visitors, and have been stumbled upon by several people here in Chisinau – some whom I knew beforehand, some whom have contacted me since. While I definitely have mixed feelings about this – it’s cool yet a little creepy to have strangers reading all about you – my new favorite hobby is finding out how people end up at my blog. Check out these recent Google searches that have brought people to me:

  • Location: Spooner, Wisconsin
    ISP: New York Public Library (?)
    Search: pizza cheese market in Moldova
  • Location: Ireland
    Search: a taste of my life
  • Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
    Search: say hello in moldovan
  • Location: Macedonia
    Search: sheep sector in Moldova
  • Location: Caracas, Venezuela
    Google Blog Search: Pridnestrovie OR "Igor Smirnov" OR Transnistria OR Transdniester OR Tran
  • Location: Littleton, Colorado
    Search: peace corps moldova address
  • Location: Douglasville, Georgia
    Search: tips for young ladies
  • Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
    Search: “caro” “fashion”
  • Location: Moscow, Russia
    Search: (hidden) – sketchy!
  • Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Search: lover in chisinau
  • Location: Istanbul, Turkey
    Search: moldovya love
  • Location: New York, New York
    Search: moldovan women

As these last few imply, many searches about Moldova also seem to be about meeting eligible bachelorettes. Which may or may not be related to this story: When I was in the US Embassy’s “Consular Services” waiting room today, waiting for extra pages to be added to my passport, the only other person there was a man who acted sorta jumpy and clueless and sounded like he was straight from the American South. He was very concerned that his new wife wouldn’t be able to get into the U.S. when she flew over a few weeks after he did. Wonder how they met....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So this comment is totally 2 years too little too late, but figured I should tell you about how I stumbled across your blog.

Place: San Sebastian, Spain
Search: Moldova cashier abacus :)

Was trying to get a picture of those lovely old fashioned cashiers who still use abacuses and balance scales from the Soviet times, usually at the market.

Cheers! Hope your stay in Moldova was a great one. Things are really sketchy now...